Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Fiber cores

Hi all, If i need to connect 2 cisco 2960S switch over fiber with over a distance of 200m, i know if have to use GLC-SX-MM but how many cores do i need ? to be honest i dont have understanding of when we need to use how many cores ?Can someone help m...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Could anyone explain me about what "Intra-chassis" redundancy means? And what would be the example scenerios? I have been studying HA for my ccnp switch exam and it covers a lot about "Inter-chassis" redundancy protocols but not this. It would be ...

zarnims by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

have port on 2960 set as:switchport mode accessswitchport access vlan 100switchport voice 200connected a brand new (from box) 2960 to this port.i expected all ports on the new switch to get dhcp IPs from the connecting ports vlan (like when i connect...

Hi all.  Can someone look at my config and explain why i am not getting an IP from the router when connected over ethernet cable.  Have tried on 2 different laptops, both just show as unidentified network.  have tried 2 ethernet cables and all 4 ethe...

Hi,1) In HSRP, we will have one Active router and one standby. is it possible to have multiple standby in a single group. If so what is the advantage.2) When Active router fails and preempt enabled here, and when it regains its state, it will take ov...

Hi Everyone,It's been a few years since I've used iOS, and I know this is simple, so I'm sorry for looking like a noob.This is my goal. I have a few servers and virtual servers behind a Cisco router. That router has 2 ethernet ports, 0/0 is connected...

zackmagee by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am configuring a Supervisor 2T with the vlan interface192.168.94.1 255.255.255..192and it is giving me the error "bad mask" (won't accept)ip classless is enable, and ip subnet-zero is a default yes?Why isn't it taking that network? isn't it valid? ...

I am working on a config to help with VOIP issues and some expansion for my company.we have a COX Optical 25 meg fiber line coming in to their equpment.its patched via Cat6 which is plugged in to a 8 port netgear gigabit switchwith 2 connections goin...

I set up IP SLA for icmp-echo on an IP that would then be tracked by a static route. The IP SLA summary showed this as succeeding but the route is not in the routing table.  I believe this should be all relevant configuration and output. The IPs and ...

Hi there, I just got my Cisco 3524xl-pwr 24 ports switch. I was wondering how do I access the setting from the browsers? I've tried, I clicked on Cluster Management. I got an error saying 404 can't find /home.htm or something like that.Can someone pl...