Views
Helpful
Replies

Dot1x (new-style) commands not working on Catalyst 9300 IOS XE 16.09

Louey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am configuring Dot1x with ISE on IOS XE switch (catalyst9300) with new-style set of commands.

The switch does not recognise some Switch ports commands and I don't with what I can replace them.

Here are the commands :

interface Gig1/03

authentication timer reauthenticate server

authentication periodic

mab

dot1x pae authenticator

dot1x timeout tx-period 10

access-session port-control auto

access-session host-mode multi-auth

Do you have an idea of which commands should I use instead ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You are not exactly saying which particular commands are not working (?)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi marce1000,

Thank you for replying.

All the commands I've put don't work in the 9300 ctalyst IOS XE 16.09

These commands are typically used in the template that is attached to the port. But they also should work directly on the port.

Wild guess: Perhaps you have forgotten to enable dot1x globally?

dot1x system-auth-control

Without that command most of the interface config is not available.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I did this command but I don't have any authentication or dot1x command in the interface configuration.

Please see the attached file.

Regards

I'm having the same issue as well. I was able to run the commands without any issues on other 9300 switches, except for this particular one. I've used the same configs as the others but for some reason, this one is giving me issues. 

authentication display new-style <- do this command first.
""You can use this command to switch between legacy and C3PL display mode until you execute the first explicit Identity-Based Networking Services command. After you enter the first explicit Identity-Based Networking Services command, for example when configuring a control class or control policy, the system displays a prompt to confirm whether you want to continue because this command will be disabled and you cannot revert to legacy mode."" <- please NOTICE this mode can not revert to legacy mode

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ibns/configuration/15-e/ibns-15-e-book/ibns-cntrl-pol.html

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I am already in new-style mode. I cannot switch to legacy mode.

Regards

lagerplane
Level 1
Level 1

What is the current "SW# show run int gig 1/0/3" output? do you have that port already set to "switchport mode access" and then "switchport access vlan X" ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card