Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate IP Address 0.0.0.0 ip device tracking

julesnice
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have error messages conflict IP on my PCs in Windows 7. When I show event logs I show the address source is 0.0.0.0

After searches, I find this error is cause by Windows 7 new system search of conflict IP address on network when renew a DHCP bail and ip device tracking configuration on switchs.

I have a stack of five 3750G switchs in version 12.2(55)SE10.

The Cisco recommendation is to configure ipdt with a probe delay to 10 but on my stack ipdt is not activate !!!!!

Why I have those conflict message ? I do not understand... Have you got many ideas to resolve this problem ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

5 Replies 5

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could disable ip device tracking and see if that helps...

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

When I see the ipdt configuration is status is "Disabled". It is not necessary to type the command to disabled the ipdt ? I do not understand !

we can see the same issue on 2960 and 2960Plus with different images

did u solve it?

regards

I know it's been a while but I wondered if you resolved your duplicate IP address problem. If not have a look here http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/address-resolution-protocol-arp/118630-technote-ipdt-00.html and here http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/8021x/116529-problemsolution-product-00.html

I managed to solve the issue with ip device tracking probe use-svi”

hi,

we limited it with delay however we are going to the newer IOS (15.2.2) and your link provides a great solution which I must test :)

ip device tracking probe auto-source fallback <host-ip> <mask> [override]

regards

Przemek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card