cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM Script to remove port security from an interface.

SimpsonM
Level 1
Level 1

Our team uses port security to force phones to not move from their locations for 911 location services, we have not found a way to exclude any access vlans with in the port security functions. Does anyone have a sample script that can clear port security macs for non voice vlan macs that are sticky or stuck on the port allowing for users to move pc / laptop with out rendering useless within same switch. We are using 4500's and some stackables.

6 Replies 6

Hello,

post a sample of a port configuration as it is right now, and a sample of what you want the port configuration to look like once the EEM script has executed...

interface GigabitEthernet1/11
switchport access vlan 321
switchport mode access
switchport voice vlan 2321
switchport port-security maximum 11
switchport port-security maximum 10 vlan access
switchport port-security maximum 1 vlan voice
switchport port-security
switchport port-security violation restrict
switchport port-security mac-address sticky <<<if a pc is plugged in thru phone it traps the data vlan mac here this is what we want to remove.
switchport port-security mac-address sticky 001a.e85b.bbba vlan voice <<< this should remain to keep the port locked
spanning-tree portfast
ip dhcp snooping limit rate 100
end

We would want this script to run nightly to clear data macs as indicated. 

Some switches are stackables with g1/0/1 naming vs g1/11 interface naming.

I would be happy with something that runs on 4500 and 9400's.

Hello,

since the sticky MAC addresses are different for each port, the EEM script cannot be totally automated. It comes down to configuring a section such as the one below for each interface (the script runs each day at midnight):

event manager applet CLEAR_MAC_STICKY
event timer cron cron-entry "0 0 * * *" maxrun 99999999
action 1.0 cli command "enable"
action 1.1 cli command "conf t"
action 1.2 cli command "interface GigabitEthernet1/11"
action 1.3 cli command "no switchport port-security mac-address sticky"
action 1.4 cli command "shut"
action 1.5 cli command "no shut"
action 1.6 cli command "switchport port-security mac-address sticky 001a.e85b.bbba vlan voice"
action 1.7 cli command "end"

I guess this may need to be a tcl script instead of eem then eem could be used to call up the tcl ever night. 

I don't know if a TCL script would make much of a difference, to be honest. The sticky MAC address for the voice vlan is not a variable and is not dynamic, so somehow you need to enter it manually...

I dont want to touch the voice vlan sticky mac it will remain regardless of clearing the other. Couldnt a TCL read the mac for the data subnet entry then feed it back in with a no statement to clear it. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card