Views
Helpful
Replies

Eigrp nexus 7000

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have run the command show ip eigr route active  with the following output.

IP-EIGRP Topology Table for AS(10)/ID(10.102.1.4) VRF default -- this is one of my virtual interfaces.

My configuration is very simple

router eigrp Center
  autonomous-system 10

My questions would it be best practices to add a router-id?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not normally as long as the IP address you choose for the router-id is unique in your network.

see explanation below

The router ID is selected from the highest IP address assigned to a loopback interface. If no loopback addresses are configured, the router ID is selected from the highest IP address assigned to any other interface. When multiple Cisco routers use the same router ID, the routes are not installed in the routing table, resulting in routing failures. To prevent duplicate router IDs, ensure that the IP address on the interface being used as the router ID is unique between the EIGRP routers. To manually configure a router ID for EIGRP, issue the  router-id command from the router configuration mode of EIGRP

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

enter the router-id command in the router eigrp section

router eigrp Center
  autonomous-system 10

route-id xx.xx.xx.xx

Hi all,

I would be a got practices add the router-id ? will I have any impact?

Thanks all.

Not normally as long as the IP address you choose for the router-id is unique in your network.

see explanation below

The router ID is selected from the highest IP address assigned to a loopback interface. If no loopback addresses are configured, the router ID is selected from the highest IP address assigned to any other interface. When multiple Cisco routers use the same router ID, the routes are not installed in the routing table, resulting in routing failures. To prevent duplicate router IDs, ensure that the IP address on the interface being used as the router ID is unique between the EIGRP routers. To manually configure a router ID for EIGRP, issue the  router-id command from the router configuration mode of EIGRP

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

N7K-1(config)# router eigrp center
N7K-1(config-router)# router-id 1.1.1.1

HTH

regards

Inayath

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card