Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

we may be migrating our 4500 chassis to a nexus/FEX arrangement.i'm interested in hear from those who after years on IOS experience introduced NX-OS to thier environment.similar enough command sets? or is it as if a different manufacturer was introdu...

ashirel by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Folks, We are trying to configure some ports on nexus 9000 series switches.during that, an error came up on a shut or unused port.(config-if)# spanning-tree guard rootERROR: Error: [invalid argument to function call]int eth1/11des testshutdowns...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I had an issue where the multicast streams being published took over 4mins to recover when an HSRP failover occured.Now I know PIM is independent of HSRP and that the multicast streams were being forwarded by the standby router, so the dropof ...

g.peart by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,i'm kinda neebie in cisco devices, thats why im wasking help.This is what i have to do for one of my customers.My problem is i dont know what router to choose. There're 3 subnets ->192.168.1.X (called A)192.168.192.X (called B)10.101.10.X (called ...

Fabby3547 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, never done this before...I need to order a UPS for a 48 port, 3750X PoE switch. The switch has 2, 750Watt power supplies.Of course, one of the power supplies is redundant so, I only need enough to power to keep the switch and all of it's phones r...

I'm not able to configure two ports on a C2950 as trunk ports, in order to connect to another similar switch. I did what's recommended: enconf tint range fa0/23 - 24switchport mode trunkendKeeping the default encapsulation (802.1q) The ports still sh...

jsciscovpn by Level 1
  • 24 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We recently purchased a couple WS-C3850-48F-S devices and I just noticed a difference in the output for the sh ver command when compared to the 2960/3560 devices deployed.Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image                 ...

rtmiles24 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am configuring a new acces for telnet,first,Switch asks me username and password,after he askes me again "enable password",But I want it enters directly without asking me "enable password" besown my config::Building configuration...Current co...

When we configure ether channels on switches the ports are shown up at layer 1 and layer 2. So how does it prevents formation of loop in ports at physical layer in case if the packet comes back. The  spanning tree thinks it as a single bridge port.

Resolved! SVI utilization

We have some 6509's in a datacenter for a large customer .  We use a tool called Vitalnet to get statistics on ports etc.  What we are are seeing is the tool says it is seeing above 100% utilization on SVI interfaces.  These interfaces have 1 gi...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello guys, I have 3 x layer 3 switches which named A, B and C. The switch A is connected to B and C (B and C don't connect each other).I made a mistake on switch B, under its ospf network statement  I had  'network 10.10.10.2/32 area 0' instead of '...