Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP offset list route-map in n7k

Josh Sprang
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone shed some light on the following N7k EIGRP command:

{ip | ipv6} offset-list eigrp instance-tag {prefix-list name| route-map name} {in | out} offset

I have two neighbors connected on the same LAN segment/Interface VLAN.  Right now I am learning routes ECMP and I would like to prefer one neighbors prefix over the other.

I tried to use the IOS distance command but it does not allow you to select a neighbor using this in NX-OS from what I have seen.  Can the route-map influence a neighbor using match route-source or match ip next-hop.  So if I have neighbor 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 and I was to prefer routes from 192.168.1.1 I can:

ip prefix-list all-routes 0.0.0.0/0 le 32

ip prefix-list not-preferred 192.168.1.2/32

route-map off-set permit 10

match  route-source prefix-list not-preferred

int eth3/1

ip offset-list eigrp 100 prefix-list all-routes route-map off-set in 1000

Will this add 1000 to the metric of routes learned from 192.168.1.2 and not influence the metric to 192.168.1.1?

Thanks..

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Looks like you want 'match ip route-source' (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/unicast/configuration/guide/l3_cli_nxos/l3_rpm.html#wp1071532). Otherwise looks OK to me.

Also may need to ensure that your outbound advertised routes don't result in the inbound traffic to this site routing over the non-preferred route.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Just wanted to let you know I tried this out and it appears to be working.  I'll update once I do a full test thanks

Great!

Please remember to rate useful replies and mark 'answered' when appropriate to highlight useful content..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card