cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP - switch acting like stub, but is not stub.

Topology:

Two routers, R1 (2951) and R2 (1921) are connected to a core stacked pair 3850. 

Currently, only R2 has an active WAN connection. It is cellular running BGP. R1, Core, R2 all run EIGRP. R1 doesn't have anything on the other side of it. (R1 will soon have a microwave link out, running EIGRP)

Loopbacks - Core: 10.1.1.0/32    R1: 10.1.1.1/32   R2: 10.1.1.2/32

Core owns a few subnets and has routes to R1's loopback and R2's loopback and 0.0.0.0 just fine. 

R2 has routes to everything EXCEPT loopback of R1.

R1 has routes only to Core's looback and subnets, doesn't have a 0.0.0.0.

All devices have their EIGRP neighbors established.

It looks for all the world like Core is operating as EIGRP stub, but stub is not in the config. What is going on here?

19 Replies 19

Hi -

R1 reports it's AS as 1000 not 1.  Are you redistributing from 1 to 1000 on the core switch?

PSC

Copy/paste/edit mistake. All EIGRP AS are 1. 1000 is used in other places. 

Using "router eigrp #". I'm tied to that by config standards and change control.

I issued no eigrp stub under the core's eigrp config, but nothing changed.

Updating code made everything work. The switch was running XE 3.7.2 and I just upgraded to 3.7.4.

The routers were both on 15.5(3)M1 and I went to 15.5(3)M2

They were already on very recent code. I just did those small updates, reloaded, and all was good.

Thank you for posting back to the forum and letting us know that you have resolved the issue. And +5 to you for reminding us that sometimes when something does not work and the config seems correct that updating versions of code may fix the problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card