Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable L3 Routing on C2960S

javierjorda
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have been trying to enable L3 intervlan routing on C2960S Switch with ip routing command and that was the output from the Switch:

Sw1(config)#ip routing
                       ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Here you have iOS version and Switch model:

Sw1#sh vers
Cisco IOS Software, C2960S Software (C2960S-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 12.2(55)SE3,                                           RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Thu 05-May-11 16:56 by prod_rel_team
Image text-base: 0x00003000, data-base: 0x01B00000

ROM: Bootstrap program is Alpha board boot loader
BOOTLDR: C2960S Boot Loader (C2960S-HBOOT-M) Version 12.2(55r)SE, RELEASE SOFTWA                                          RE (fc1)

Sw1 uptime is 40 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "flash:/c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE3/c2960s-universalk9                                          -mz.122-55.SE3.bin"

Best Regards,

Javier Jorda.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Which Switch Database Management (SDM) template are you using on the switch? As per the Steps for Configuring Routing in the Configuring Static IP Unicast Routing:

The switch supports 16 static routes (including user-configured routes and the default route) and any directly connected routes and default routes for the management interface. The switch can have an IP address assigned to each SVI. Before enabling routing, enter the sdm prefer lanbase-routing global configuration command and reload the switch.

You can see which SDM template you are currently running with the show sdm prefer command.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

2960S can only do 16 static routes.  That's all.

Yes i know, but first i need to enable ip routing command on the Switch i think.

If i try to insert a static route on the C2960S that's the output:

Sw1(config)#ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

you can use

ip default-gateway ip-address

I don't need to set a default static route to my network, i need to intervlan routing. The "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 196.168.0.1" was just an example to show that the switch isn't accepting static routes.

Thanks for your support.

Hi,

Which Switch Database Management (SDM) template are you using on the switch? As per the Steps for Configuring Routing in the Configuring Static IP Unicast Routing:

The switch supports 16 static routes (including user-configured routes and the default route) and any directly connected routes and default routes for the management interface. The switch can have an IP address assigned to each SVI. Before enabling routing, enter the sdm prefer lanbase-routing global configuration command and reload the switch.

You can see which SDM template you are currently running with the show sdm prefer command.

Regards

That command is what i was looking for!

I really appreciate your help leolaohoo, Rakesh and Steve.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card