Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling 802.3at at C9200L-24P-4X

jobe83
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I've set manually a specific port, in which have a non-Cisco WiFi 6 Access Point running, to provide 30W to make the PoE+ runs, but the AP itself didn't recgonize the power provided as PoE+.
I've adjusted at web interface as well at CLI. Is there any specific command in which I'm missing?

Also I followed the instructions at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/16-12/configuration_guide/int_hw/b_1612_int_and_hw_9200_cg/configuring_poe.pdf

I appreciate any support in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,
From your config guide for POE

It looks like you may need to enable LLDP

With PoE+, powered devices use IEEE 802.3at and LLDPpower with media dependent interface (MDI) type,
length, and value descriptions (TLVs), Power-via-MDI TLVs, for negotiating power up to 30 W. Cisco
pre-standard devices and Cisco IEEE powered devices can use CDP or the IEEE 802.3at power-via-MDI
power negotiation mechanism to request power levels up to 30 W.

You could try:-

conf t
!
!
lldp run
!
int gig x/x/x
lldp transmit
lldp receive
!
end

Hope this helps

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,
From your config guide for POE

It looks like you may need to enable LLDP

With PoE+, powered devices use IEEE 802.3at and LLDPpower with media dependent interface (MDI) type,
length, and value descriptions (TLVs), Power-via-MDI TLVs, for negotiating power up to 30 W. Cisco
pre-standard devices and Cisco IEEE powered devices can use CDP or the IEEE 802.3at power-via-MDI
power negotiation mechanism to request power levels up to 30 W.

You could try:-

conf t
!
!
lldp run
!
int gig x/x/x
lldp transmit
lldp receive
!
end

Hope this helps

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hello Alex,

It worked! I appreciate your help a lot!

Thank you so much!!!

Your recommendation work for me as well.  But does bring up the question of using the "power inline static" command.  When I used that command, the port showed 30W being used.....but AP still showed insufficient power....

Why doesn't the "static" command work without the LLDP config? 

Per the documentation:

static —Enables powered-device detection. Pre-allocate (reserve) power for a port before the device discovers the powered device. The device reserves power for this port even when no device is connected and guarantees that power will be provided upon device detection.

jobe83
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alex,

It worked! I appreciate your help a lot!

Thank you so much!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card