Views
Helpful
Replies

EPC3925 & TADO Internet Bridge issues

mojhanly
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

apologies if I have posted this to the incorrect forum. Please advise where this is most appropriate. 

I am having connectivity issues with TADO Internet Bridge when connected to my ISP provided Cisco EPC3925. In troubleshooting assistance from Tado they asked that I confirm that the  EPC3925 is capable of supporting 1Mb half duplex devices or if there are certain configuration options that must be made for support of such devices. 

im not technical so am not sure if this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated. 

thanks in advance-Mike

4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

1Mbps is very old! I doubt the Tado bridge use 1Mbps, it is more likely 1Gbps is used

This Cisco router is declared EOL by Cisco, which means not all support documentation will be available on their website

Release DateEnd-of-Sale DateEnd-of-Support Date

13-OCT-2009
09-DEC-2017 Details
31-DEC-2022 Details
This product is no longer Supported by Cisco.

but this internet provider Cisco EPC3925 wifi-modem| Klantenservice | Ziggo
says the device has gigabit ports
which normally means the device has 10Mbps/100Mbps/1Gbps ports either full or half-duple

the datasheet is present on manualzz .com maybe the user guide also

-> YES the Cisco EPC3925 supports 1Gbps, full or half duplex
but you may need to check that both ends use full-duplex or both end use half-duplex

Thank you so much for your response!

I have passed the information you have provided on to the TADO Support. Based on your response tho I hope that I have not misinterpreted their query. Directly this was:

Also, we would suggest asking the support of the router manufacturer if there are any known issues with connecting 1m Megabit half duplex devices or if there need to be some special settings activated in the router menu.”

have I misrepresented this query here do you think?

again many thanks for your helpful and speedy response. 

I repeat 1Mbps is very old! I doubt the Tado bridge use 1Mbps, (but they use 1m Megabit, that is odd)
but if they do mean 1Mbps, then yes this is not supported on the Cisco, only 10Mbps/100Mbps/1Gbps 

by the way, what is the LED staus on the Tado internet bridge ? 
The ‘Router’ LED on the Internet Bridge is blinking, what does it mean? | Help Center (tado.com)

The Internet Bridge does not connect to the internet. How can I fix this? | Help Center (tado.com)

All LEDs on the IB are solid barring at times of expected disconnects but control/communication is still intermittent. 

Based on information provided to TADO support from your previous response they have provided this information:

“can you please forward this article to them, because tado° does not use 1Gbp/s, maybe that helps them. https://support.tado.com/en/articles/6653049-the-internet-bridge-doesn-t-connect-to-my-fiber-optic-router-modem-how-can-i-fix-this

the article seems to suggest that the IB actually works at 10Mbit/s half duplex Ethernet speeds. Your previous response seems to suggest that this is ok for EPC3925. Do you know how I might confirm?

I’m sorry about so many questions but I’m not technically literate in this area. 

michael

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card