cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Solved for me. I had this

Solved for me. 

I had this same problem.  I use a Linux tftp server with owner and group with same name as the username from the switch/ router I upload and download configs / images with.

Since the switch was not configured with username and I was not logged in with username, I was getting the timeout error. 

I changed the permissions on the file on the Linux box to allow others read access to the bin file in question and voilà I stopped receiving these errors.

Beginner

I had the same problem. The

I had the same problem. The fix for me was Windows Firewall. I allowed my TFTP Server app on both Private and Public and afterward the transfer worked first try.

Beginner

Had timeout problem using

Had timeout problem using Solarwinds TFTP on Windows 10.    The fix was to add Solarwinds TFTP Server to the allowed apps.  Only added it on the Private network. 

Had to browse to the folder the file was in to add it. 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\TFTP Server\SolarWinds TFTP Server.exe".  

Works great now.

Beginner

Thanks djrees@live.com. Yes,

Thanks djrees@live.com. Yes, it works great for me as well by follow your steps here. 

Beginner

Hi,

Hi,

we had the same problem also after installing a new router, my colleague fixed by adding the following config line:

ip tftp source-interface interface_from_where_you_manage_router  (in our case it is a Loopback).

THIS WORKS FOR ME

Thank you for this.

Thank you for this. Specifying the correct source interface worked for me:

RT01(config)#ip tftp source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0.1
RT01(config)#end
RT01#copy startup-config tftp
Address or name of remote host []? 192.168.1.2 
Destination filename [rt01confg]?
!!
19118 bytes copied in 1.040 secs (18383 bytes/sec)

RT01#

Beginner

I had similar issue .I have

I had similar issue .I have done two things one is disabling firewall service another i noticed that  the tftp server(mine solarwind) using binding x.x.x.x/32 as the mask.

So i put x.x.x.253/32 as the tftp server ip and router interface ip as x.x.x.254

It worked and  i was able to copy files .

Reply if it fix your case too..

Regards,

Ismail

Beginner

I found that my file was

I found that my file was larger than the TFTP server could handle. It could only handle 32MG and my file was 200MG. I had to get another TFTP server.

i am facing issue copy ios cisco switch 3650 tftp servers

HI,

Please help me , i am facing issue cisco switch ws-c3850-24xs ,  need for ios backup plz help .

Beginner

Re: Error opening tftp (Timed out)

I tried all those suggestions w/o any luck... I found out (the hard way lol) that from an isr, I had to increase the block size: ip tftp blocksize ,  default is ~512, make it 8k, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5760-wireless-lan-controller/117636-technote-tftpfile-00.html

1. Go to Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on the TFTP/FTP Server

2. Add New Inbound Rule.

3. Specify IP/UDP/TCP Protocol and the specific port to allow (e.g If you are using SolarWinds TFTP Server Software, It works on UDP Port 69).

It worked for me. Hope it works for others if there is no other Firewall/ACL Rule implemented.

Yev Beginner
Beginner

I was having this issue with a new switch and this fixed it for me

conf t
no service config

Sometimes when switch first boots it may try to load a config from a tftp server and never stops thus the socket timeout

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/10000-series-routers/49683-serviceconfig-error-msgs.html

Beginner

Hello Dear if you want to solve this solution you have to watch the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LelUpnUWUE&feature=youtu.be

How to FIX : %Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/network-confg (Socket error) | Urdu 2019 Please Subscribe my Channel for more informative videos also like the video and share with your friends.... Please Visit our Website: www.bitsbyte.net Please Like our Facebook Page also: ...

We have the problem too with a Catalyst 9300 access switch and a Catalyst 9500 distribution, with vrf.

We testing with a catalyst 3850 and even these switch gives the error.

The solution we found, and works:

ip tftp blocksize 512

In an other situation we used 8192.

It works but we don't no why. Someone an explanation?

Best Regards, Harrie

Beginner

Thank you very much, he original command

ip tftp source-interface gig0/0/0 worked for me

Thanks again
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards