Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel between Cat 3750G and old Cat 5509

Hi,

I'm trying to create a two-port channel (thought is to get more 200MB bandwidth) between a new 3750G and our old Cat 5509.

I've set channel on for 2 ports on the 5509 (and set them each to 100/full duplex). That seems OK. I can't now enable channeling on the 3750. I'm using Network Assistant > create a channel between two ports, select Mode to On (also tried auto) and get the following error when I Apply:

"Gi1/0/48 operational trunk mode Down and Gi1/0/47 operational trunk mode is Static Access."

I only have Gi1/0/47 physically connected at the mo; fearful of connecting /48 other without the channel being enabled.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

1 Reply 1

fred.mancen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dominic.

It is possible to create a Ether Channel between these switches. I had some FEC between Cat 6K/3750 and Cat 5K that was working very fine.

At first, re-check your settings on the ports, because maybe you have a problem with the native VLAN on the Cat 5K. Remember: the native VLAN, trunk encapsulation, STP mode, and the operational mode on the Ether Channel must be exactly the same on all ports.

I hope it helps.

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card