cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel on two 3524 Switches

ecabrera81
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.  I am trying to figure out how to create a Etherchannel bundle on two 3524 switches that i have.  I have tried to follow this link but i am not sure it is working or not and if i am missing any commands.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094689.shtml#tbl-1

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Check the status with "sh port group and sh spanning-tree"

Reza

Thanks for the quick reply.  I ran both of those commands afterwards and this came up below.   Is that all that is needed?

SWITCH0#sh port group 1
Group  Interface              Transmit Distribution
-----  ---------------------  ---------------------
    1  FastEthernet0/23       source address
    1  FastEthernet0/24       source address

When i run "show spanning-tree" or "show spanning-tree brief" i only see port 23 and not 24 is that normal? Should i been having 3 forwarding and 1 in block mode still?

interface FastEthernet0/23
description Etherchannel_Port_0
duplex full
speed 100
port group 1
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
!
interface FastEthernet0/24
description Etherchannel_Port_1
duplex full
speed 100
port group 1
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk

Thanks.

Hi,

When you issue "show interfaces port-channel 1"

is the interface in up and up mode and do you see  FastEthernet0/23 and 0/24 as part of the port-channel 1?

If yes, then you should be good to go.

HTH

Reza

Thanks for the help.  I don't have that command "show interfaces port-channel 1" is there another command that i could use to verify?  I believe it is working as it should, i think the cost is 9 but i forgot the command to verify that.

I should have gotten the 2960 instead of these.  Too loud and different commands when it comes to Etherchannel.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card