Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Extenders and vPC

I have read a few documents that say it is possible to set up FEX's with redundant links to two different Nexus 5000 and put them in a vPC.  Is this true?  if it is possible which of the Nexus switches would the configuration be made on?

Is this possible with the Nexus 7000?

Any comments and links to documentation would be greatly appreciated.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
6 Replies 6

Thanks for the link.  after a quick glance through the guide, it doesn't look like having redundant links to two Nexus 7000 would be possible.  correct me if I am wrong please.

--

Hi Marius

Maybe i have missunderstood you. You want to connect a nexus fex to two upstream nexus7000 yes?

Like this:

N7K-------------N7k

\             /

\           /

\       /

N2k

That is correct.  And have that link bundled in an vPC.

--

See Pg4 of the guide.

I would strongly recmmend that you read the guide from top to bottom. It has alot of good info, as well as some gotcha's

Hi Marius,

it is possible to set up FEX's with redundant links to two different Nexus 5000 and put them in a vPC.  Is this true?  if it is possible which of the Nexus switches would the configuration be made on?

You are correct that a single FEX can be connected to a pair of Nexus 5000. When doing this the configuration must be applied to both Nexus 5K. There's a discussion on some of the pro's and cons of doing this in the forum post N2K dual homing to N5K final sentence.

Is this possible with the Nexus 7000?

Dual homing FEX to Nexus 7000 is not currently supported. See the forum post DualHoming 2248TP-E to N7K for more details.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card