Views
Helpful
Replies

Fiber uplinks

uma.kashi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I wanted to know can we have all fiber uplinks to a switch,if yes which model supports it.

Regards

Uma

4 Replies 4

Hello

These switches can act as a distribution core for your access closets:

WS-C3750G-12S-S
or
WS-C3750X-12S-S

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi uma,

There is a variety of switch that support fiber up links. What specific part of the network are you thinking of adding the switch to? and what are the features you are looking for in a switch like port numbers and would it support POE. please feel free to send me an email at fguasque@cisco.com

Regards,

fguasque@cisco.com

Hi ,

I Have attached the diagram ,in the diagram you can see all the L2 swicthes will be connected to L3 switch.

I am looking at L3 switch where i want all the fiber uplinks to be conencted ,the role of the switch is L3 it will have all the vlans connected and it also connected to WAN conenctions at the location.

Please suggest.

Regards

Uma

How many fibres per "building"?  If you want a 12-port fibre optic switch, then the cheapest is WS-C3750X-12S.  If you want 24-port fibre optic switch then its WS-C3750X-24S.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card