Views
Helpful
Replies

file upload

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I have a branch office with approx 30 pcs. We want to place a cisco router there for managing internet connections. There is one requirement that i want to know if possible with cisco router or not. They want to give access to internet to all employess but want to make sure no data is leaked out, what i hae understood is, they dont want users to be able to upload any document of whatever extension/size to internet. I know this is complex task and currently i have no idea how to achieve it. Can it be done through cisco router ? at first i thought of playing with rate-limit commands and such but then most files might be of just kbs but of contains critical data. They are not using any proxy/router for now. Internet connection gets terminated on a dedicated pc which is disconnected from lan, so no file can be uploaded or downloaded from/to LAN.

Can anyone suggest a way in which all users get access to internet but are not able to upload/download file. They have complete windows based active directory environment, so any options are welcome. If this is not strictly cisco question then my apologies                  

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can anyone suggest a way in which all users get access to internet but are not able to upload/download file

Yes, disable access to the internet.  This way no one can upload and download any file to the internet.

When you access the internet, the HTML page files you see are DOWNLOADED to your computer.

I think you have been given the wrong information.  I believe you need to CONTROL the access to the internet using a PROXY server.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card