cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware updates for old switches

billseymour
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded my home network to use 10GE fiber for the three servers and the uplink to my C3750E with a Nexus N3K-C3064PQ-10GX running 6.0(2)U6(5c). I see that there are newer versions of the OS (at least to 7 if not 9), but when I go to the support pages for Cisco the only 3000 series I see is a 3048 and it doesn't have an actual OS image. Is this switch just too old?

4 Replies 4

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

"Is this switch just too old?"

Yes, it is end-of-support/obsolete as of 30 April 2022, with s/w downloads and documentation removed from cisco.com

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

Are there archives anywhere with the images? Or are we just out of luck, other than just continuing to run on the old OS?

The only legal repositories of Cisco software are within Cisco, which does not make copies available for end-of-support products (customers with proper licenses for old software can keep archival copies in their own repositories, but cannot legally make those copies available to anyone else).

This is the dilemma of home labs built on end-of-support hardware purchased on the secondary market: there is really no legal way to obtain software. A home user must run the old image illegally left in the old hardware's flash drive by the seller, or find a pirate website that offers illegal copies of less-old images, or... migrate to virtual routers/switches with newer, licensed images as in CML.

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

If you know the filename, Google it.

Most likely someone has made the file available.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card