cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flashing green front panel power light on CBS350

BlueSkyy
Level 1
Level 1

I inadvertently pulled the AC power cord on my CBS350 on f/w 3.2.0.89 knocking my network down.  I plugged it back in and the front panel System LED is flashing on and off continually.  From reading the manual, the flashing green indicator means that the switch is in reboot, performing self tests or acquiring an IP address, etc.  The green system LED flashes continually but the switch, from what I can tell, is performing normally as evidenced by its operation, the fact that I can log into the switches webpage and nothing I can detect in the system logs, etc.

I've rebooted the switch but still have the constantly blinking System LED.  Any idea what could possibly be going on and thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately these logs do not show us what we are really looking for. These logs are generated after the CBS350 is already running. The advantage of the console port is that it displays messages generated during the boot up process. Accessing the console port if it has the RJ45 interface requires a special console cable, which I suspect you may not have. And I notice in the documentation that not all models of the 350 support console connection. Does your 350 have a console connection? 

Do you have a support contract for your 350? Are you able to open a case with Cisco? At this point I think they are more likely to find an answer than we are in the community.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the logs on the device , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi.  The only thing I see is an "informational" Startup: Warm Startup and some PnP Server devicehelper.cisco.com was detected.  Since I am new to this any idea what sort of message I should be looking for?

Joe

I like the suggestion about checking the logs. If the logs do not have helpful information then I would suggest connecting to the console, reboot, and check all of the messages generated during the boot process. If you are not sure about the booting messages then copy them and post them here.

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick and M.

I rebooted and copied the logs to the rich text document attached called Cisco Logs.  I did not go through the console but the web interface because I am unsure of how to do that but will get around to it.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately these logs do not show us what we are really looking for. These logs are generated after the CBS350 is already running. The advantage of the console port is that it displays messages generated during the boot up process. Accessing the console port if it has the RJ45 interface requires a special console cable, which I suspect you may not have. And I notice in the documentation that not all models of the 350 support console connection. Does your 350 have a console connection? 

Do you have a support contract for your 350? Are you able to open a case with Cisco? At this point I think they are more likely to find an answer than we are in the community.

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Yes this particular CBS360 does have the console port and I do not have a console cable to actually see what the switch is doing prior to it getting up and running.  Maybe there's a pinout somewhere and I can make one up.  I did reach out to Cisco's Small Business Support group and they've set up a service request for me.  I'll post the resolution to this once all is said and done.

Joe

BlueSkyy
Level 1
Level 1

Update:  I just spoke with Small Business Support and it took two seconds to diagnose that setting a static IPv4 address to the default of 192.168.1.254 would cause the System LED to flash.  I set the interface back to DHCP and the light is now steady and all appears to be well.  I'll continue to play with the switch's IP address to explore further what you can and can't do.

Joe

Thanks for the update. Happy that our suggestions were helpful and glad that Small Business Support was able to help you find a solution. Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick

BlueSkyy
Level 1
Level 1

One slight "glitch" that Small Business Support shared with me is that my vendor, Amazon, is probably not an authorized dealer and that Cisco would possibly not honor any warranty or request for assistance in the future.  Oh the webs we weave!

Joe

Thanks for the update. That is a very interesting perspective, and probably quite true. So +5 for sharing this with the community.

HTH

Rick

BlueSkyy
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Small Business Support escalated my question about the warranty and support status when purchasing this from Amazon and the "Cisco Manager" said I would be good to go with this purchase.

Thanks for the update. Glad to have the clarification.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card