Views
Helpful
Replies

Full mesh OSPF network topology

resleymj01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am having a heck of a time with this implementation. Below you will find the topology I am trying to implement (and attached):

full mesh ospf.gif

I am working on the 3945E routers, ASA5520's and 3750X's for this inquiry.

All routes show up in all routing tables for all six devices. From the switches I can ping G1/2 and G1/1 on both ASA's however only two of them at a time in any combination (but only two). I found this out by physically disconnecting the circuits as well as performing shut/no shut on the interfaces. DNS also takes its sweet time propagating through as well and in some cases during the manual cutover stops all together and kills any Web site accessibility.

All interfaces are GigE and all are directly connected as the drawing shows. This is all in test environment so I can make any changes needed or test any thought process. The ASA's have the same security-level on all interfaces as well as "same-security-traffic permit inter-interface" configured.

I am trying to get this to run smoothly with redundancy and resiliency. When I remove one of the firewalls and one of the routers from the topology it works. I can add the firewall and router but once I shut the circuits that one of the firewalls is using my outbound traffic ceases to pass.

I know this is a lot to chew on but I am drawing blanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Micah

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card