cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get Port Info by PC Name remotely

seanym071703
Level 1
Level 1

we used to have a way (vbs script, or bat file believe) (Get-Port, was the command I think), its been awhile since needing it, to pull the port information of a windows device, by name. there were two commands, either by single device name, or by multiple names, if a list was provided via txt. After the command, it would spit out individual text files by the device name to a patch/dir that I would identify in the script. I can no longer find this tool we used, as I must of deleted by mistake.

does anyone have same or similar script to do this?

1 Reply 1

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

If you're not looking to locate the device on the network, but just collect information for a specific IP/hostname, check this if the endpoint is in AD:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/059a32bb-bf87-4b84-b9a7-9955ae5b9e0f/using-powershell-pc-names-amp-ip-addresses?forum=w7itprogeneral 

There are security concerns for allowing WMI to run remotely, but that's up to your admins.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card