Views
Helpful
Replies

Gig Modules for 7206VXR - Pls help

ameen.ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I've a 7206VXR (NPE-G1) router. I would like to purchase a PA-GE port adaptor where I've to use a GBIC connector.

1. Is it possible to have a connection between PA-GE and a 3560G switch (4 SFP ports) ? If yes, what type of cables & connectors are to be used?

2. Is there any GigabitEthernet port adaptors / modules for 7206vxr where I can connect RJ45 (cat 5) or SFP modules?

Can any of you please guide me?

Thanks in advance.

Ameen.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ameen,

To connect the 7200 PA-GE to a 3560G, you need an SC to LC fiber patch cord.  The SC connects to the 7200 and LC connects to the 3560G.  The patch cord can be MM or SM depending an your distance and the optic you have.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/products_data_sheet09186a0080091ce7.html

HTH

View solution in original post

You mean to say, we've to connect SC and LC connector at both ends of  the patch code, righ? patch cord is same for both SC and LC connectors,  am I correct? or is that an entirly different cord?

Yes, the patch cord will have SC on one side and LC on the other site.  Patch cords are usually pre-made and you order them with the correct connectors you need.

And, do we have GigabitEthernet port adaptors / modules for 7206vxr where I can connect RJ45 (cat 5) or SFP modules?

I did not see SFP or copper module in the data sheet.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ameen,

To connect the 7200 PA-GE to a 3560G, you need an SC to LC fiber patch cord.  The SC connects to the 7200 and LC connects to the 3560G.  The patch cord can be MM or SM depending an your distance and the optic you have.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/products_data_sheet09186a0080091ce7.html

HTH

Thanks HTH,

You mean to say, we've to connect SC and LC connector at both ends of the patch code, righ? patch cord is same for both SC and LC connectors, am I correct? or is that an entirly different cord?

And, do we have GigabitEthernet port adaptors / modules for 7206vxr where I can connect RJ45 (cat 5) or SFP modules?

Thanks.

You mean to say, we've to connect SC and LC connector at both ends of  the patch code, righ? patch cord is same for both SC and LC connectors,  am I correct? or is that an entirly different cord?

Yes, the patch cord will have SC on one side and LC on the other site.  Patch cords are usually pre-made and you order them with the correct connectors you need.

I did not see SFP or copper module in the data sheet.

HTH

It's all clear now. Thanks a lot HTH.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card