cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC-FE-T-I. 3rd party SFP - works in Gi SFP port but not on FE SFP port in IE-2000

samvam123
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IE-2000-4S-TS-G-L, all SFP ports. 4 FE and 2 Gigabit. I have a 3rd party SFP and have done all the hidden commands . The gigabit SFP works fine, the FE SFP can plug into the Gigabit SFP port and works fine. When I plug the GLC-FE-T-I into the FE SFP port, I get the not supported message.

Any ideas of why or how to fix it? The switch clearly takes 3rd party SFPs.

to clarify, I have both GE and FE SFPs that are 3rd party.

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Yes it even states it on some of the Cisco documentation that 3rd party sfps may work but there is no support for them if they dont , if you have already tried the unsupported transceiver commands then your most likely out of luck there could be something specific in the programming of GB ports compared to the FE ports thats missing but you wont be able to change that or have it changed. I have seen it before the difference of a digit on version numbers on teh back of the SFP can render them useless on some new switches while it may work on older switches , thats the risk your running with 3rd party SFPs

Thanks for the info. I figured that was the case but wanted to search for every possible answer.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card