Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I encountered a problem and managed to fix it but I do not understand how it worked. I had replaced an older switch (2960) to a 3650. The old switch had it's port 24 (fiber) configured in trunk mode connected to a 3650 switch port gi1/1/3. After repl...

HRahman by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Packet tracer

Hello all, I hope someone can assist me with my problem.I've created a network in Packet tracer where all (6 departments) see each other + server + router + printers.The requirement is I create a network where only PCs within each department see each...

azux14 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A customer of ours has a flat Layer 2 network that we would like to make redundant in case there is a fiber cut, or an equipment failure.  Since it is a Layer 2 network, I was thinking of using a HSRP protocol to provide redundancy to the network in ...

Document_2019-07-09_13-09-47.jpg
help by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllCan anyone tell me if the Cisco 9410 supports Stackwise virtual?We are looking at replacing our 6509 running VSS so we need this feature, from what I have read only the smaller chassis are supportedMany thanksCarl

Hai we need stack wise virtual feature for a big project with Cisco 9410 and sup1 at present I couldn't see any IOS  version support that feature, but newer ones with 9404 and 9407 are supported ,any one knew this feature will come soon

Kevin100 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When i trying to boot my cisco 3650 IOS (CAT3K_CAA-HBOOT-M) Version 1.2The switch send me this message: Stack Adapter Auth Fail : SIF_SERDES_CABLE_EASTBOUNDDec 13 16:42:17 %STACKMGR-1-UNKNOWN_STACK_ADAPTER: Unknown stack adapter inserted on stack por...

Hello, Has anyone ever configured Generic Attribute Registration Protocol on the Cisco platform? Not to be confues with Gratuitous ARP protocol. We use VTP pretty heavily in our environment as I am sure most Cisco shops do to interconnect our core sw...

bberry by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,   We've spent days troubleshooting a very odd problem we're having with our network, which has brought me here for some more suggestions, because we're completely out of ideas now.  Our network consists of a core stack of Cisco 3850's and an ...

Resolved! 2 root bridge

Hi All,For some reason, I'm getting 2 root bridge in my network.  The current root bridge is the 3560X and is also the vtp server.  Recently, we purchased a few more switches N3K-C3064PQ-10GE and 2960x-48LPD-L.  The 2960x-48LPD-L is also a vtp client...

Dan_17717 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes