cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Google Play, Google Chrome and Google Updates not working

keshradcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco router 800 series 887 VAW. WiFi is connected to all my devices through this router, i.e.,  Windows XP,  Vista, Wii, Nexus 7 and HTC Desire S. I can access internet from all these devices. The apps which are already downloaded on my Android devices connect to internet, but the bigest problem is here:

1. Google Play does not connect (on both Nexus 7 and Desire S).

2. Chrome does not work on Nexus 7

3. Nexus 7 fails to check for any system update.

4. Fails to sync accounts.

I tried to contact to the company which gave me this router, but they told the problem lies with my tablet. But the tablet works perfectly fine with others networks and Android phone works fine with 3G and other networks.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Google Play -  Quick search (on Google) is showing TCP and UDP port 5228 must be enabled.  

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded 'Fireband' app from Google Play through my 3G, and then connected to WiFi (Cisco router) and checked if TCP and UDP 5228 are enabled. Yes, both of them are enabled, but still Google Play is not connecting. Any other ideas or suggestion?

Post the config of your router.

Thanks for the reply. AT the moment, I connected different router and everything started working perfectly fine. Then, I switched back to Cisco router.Bingo!!!  Google play came back into action, Google account started syncing with Gmail and calander etc, but I think Google Drive and Picasa upload are not working properly. Thanks for the help. If I get this problem again in future, I need your help again.

Ok.  I'm confused now.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card