Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest users not getting internet

yahya kp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I tried to create two ssid with different network, one for private use and one for guest.

but guest users not getting internet.

Please advise me right way.

Thanks.[[{"type":"media","fid":"1232411","view_mode":"default","link_text":null,"attributes":{"alt":"Topology","title":"topology","height":"526","width":"819","class":"image-style-none media-element file-default"}}]]

6 Replies 6

Cisco Freak
Level 4
Level 4

Hello 

Are the users in the Guest VLAN getting IP address from the DHCP server?

If so, can you please check what is the default gateway configured for those guest users? Also, check if they are able to ping the switch and the FW

CF

Yes guest users getting 192.168.2.0 range ip and 192.168.2.1 asa gateway.

i think we cant ping to ASA interface!!!?

Hi,

You can ping the interface of the firewall of the subnet you are in. You will not be able to ping the IP of other interfaces of ASA. From ASA Monitoring, can you see any request coming in from the 192.168.2.0/24? 

If you cannot ping the Firewall, possibly there is some access-list  or you have not allowed the vlan in the trunk.

You can refer to below for checking the logging

https://www.databasemart.com/HowTo/How_to_Monitor_Traffic_from_a_Specific_IP_in_Cisco_ASA5505_Firewall.aspx

Thanks

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

In order to communicate with Internet, Guest SSID users should be getting DNS servers from DHCP ( external public ip dos servers) and guest users subnet should be natted in ASA for internet communication.

Hope it Helps

-GI

Hi Ganesh

guest users getting dns and i did nating also.

but still same.

Hello

what device is performing the routing? The Asa or the switch?

can you post the the inter-vlan routing config and also the way config for the two ssids 

res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card