cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELLP: How can i Configure STP to make the network ring in Cisco 3560 Switc

habarya
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Cisco 3560 switch that works on L3 ripV2 routing Protocol. Now i went to enable MST STP on the ring Core routerDataCenter, MSD(vlan 5),CED(vlan 6),LPCD(vlan 20) and coreswitch Fa-Office. first is it possible to protect the network using the network in case where the fibe down on one part of the ring? Second i try to use MST STP but even though i configured the same revision number, region though out the network when i connected as the ring , the network become stack? but if i make it chine network it works. so what will be the possible reason. Lastly if any body has such topology configuration please helps me to check the synonymies. i need your help urgently

1 Reply 1

Francois Tallet
Level 7
Level 7

What seems confusing to me is that you mentioned a different vlan for each bridge in the ring. L2 redundancy is only necessary if you have a loop at l2. So as a preliminary comment, I would say that you don't need MST if you don't have at least one vlan going around this ring.

It I understood correctly, you said that you could see that everything worked when the network was a chain, but not when it was a ring. Could you provide more details on the working scenario vs non-working? As far as MST is concerned, it should work plug and play. Even if you switches were not in the same region, you should end up in a valid topology. That's why I'm wondering what you consider is not working properly (is it just a question of vlan load balancing?, location of the blocked port? no blocked port? etc...)

Thanks and regards,

Francois

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card