Views
Helpful
Replies

help me to find the required switch

ShekibRasheedi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I need to buy switches and access points with below specification. please tell that which model has all these specification.

1. Ethernet Switch:

* No of Ports should be 48/24 100Base-T ports

* Uplink port should be 2*1000Base-T stacking/uplink ports

* GBIC ports should be 2-mini Gigabit interface slots for fiber Gigabit Ethernet expansion

* Link aggregation should be IEEE 802.3ad Link aggregation

* RSTP support should IEEE 802.3ad Link aggregation

* ACL support should be Time of day based ACL

* Authentication 802.1x/Radius authentication per port

* VLAN Support should be dynamic VLAN assignment

* Port Control/SNMP support should broadcast contrl per port/SNMP V1, V2 support

* VLAN Base ACL should be VLAN base ACL

* SPAN and RSPAN support should Port mirroring SPAN and RSPAN

* Web management should be Web based stack management

2. Ethernet Switch:

* No of ports should be 8 RJ-45 100 Base-T

* Standard should be IEE 802.3

* Processor should be 200Mhz or faster

* RAM should be 64MB

* Power should be DC 12V, 500mA

3. Wireless Access Point:

* No of port should be 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet

* Standard should be IEEE 802.11g, IEEE802.11b, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3af(PoE), 802.1q(VLAN) , 802.1X(Security authentication), 802.11i ready (Security WPA2), 802.11e ready (wireless QoS), 802.11F(Wireless roaming)

* LEDs should be power, PoE, Wireless, Ethernet

* Web Management should be built-in web user interface for easy browser-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS)

* SNMP Support should be SNMP version 1, 2c, 3

* Operation modes should be access point made, point to point bridge mode, point to point multipoint bridge mode, repeater mode

* External antennas should be 2 (omni directional) SMA detachable

* Security should be WEP 64-bit/128-bit, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA-ENT, WPA2-ENT

* Access Control should be wireless connection control: MAC-based

* Wireless Security monitor should be Intrusion alarms(e.g. rogue client detected, spoofed MAC address) Denial-of-service alarms (e.g. duration attack, association table full) vulnerability alarms (e.g. access point is not using encryption, access point is broadcasting SSID)

* Power should be 12V 1A DC input, and IEEE 802.3af compliant PoE. Maximum power draw should be 3.36W

I would highly appreciate your fast respons.

thanks for your help in very advance.

Thanks and regards,

Shekib

5 Replies 5

ShekibRasheedi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

Sorry for attaching the data of wirelss access point.

please reply as soon as you can... its very urgent!!!!

Thanks

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Sounds like a 2960, 2960S for Layer 2 only.  3560/3560E/3560X or 3750/3750E/3750X for Layer 2/3.

2.  WS-C2960-8TC-S for Layer 2 (non-PoE) or WS-C3560-8PC-S for Layer 2/3 (PoE).  And specifying the processor speed won't help because only Cisco designers know what they are.

3.   Not enough information.  The entire description for this item is "aimed" at the 1242 but I'm not yet sure if this model is end-of-sale.  The new models have three antennaes per radio (or a total of six).  They are the 1250 and the 1260.  If you want to use the 1260 you have to purchase a Wireless LAN Controller (WLC).  Antennas are optional too and your description of the antennae requirement needs more information.

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts. 

Hi leolaohoo,

thanks for the reply, but this is the whole information i could provide you with.

now, can you please specify that which model has all these features/description.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Shekib

Can anybody help??????

Its very urgent.....

I can't give you any more information if the specifications you've provided or were given by the client is incomplete.  It's like walking up to a car dealer and say I want to buy a vehicle.  It needs to have wheels, an engine, a fuel tank.

If you want more information about the wireless, throw the question back to the client.  It'll make you look good because you are asking questions the client didn't imagine putting in.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card