cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help on 3900 Router Power Issue

koladeadegelu
Level 1
Level 1

I have got a 3900 router which has been existing on my network for the past 2 years.  
I shut it down temporarily for about 4month and relocate it to another data centre to be used on a network.  
After mounting it on network cabinet, I noticed the router was not coming up. The front power shows the AC ok is green but the off/on switch could not switch the router. Is like the router acknowledged the present of AC power supply but the router could not come up.  
Attached is picture of the equipment in state.

I need help on this.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Really can't assist until someone consoles into the appliance and post the entire bootup process.

Thanks for your reply.

The router did not power up at all. The fan did not start up neither the router boot up.

Only the AC ok light was on on the front panel. 

Sarbjit-2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sounds like a power on self test (POST) failure. Try a different power lead if that doesn't work remove the PSU and install it into the redundant PSU slot. If the router still doesn't come up it probably needs to be returned to the vendor, hopefully you have maintenance cover.

Regards...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card