cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help with choosing routers

jmillequipco
Level 1
Level 1

I am designing a WAN for a small company. I am familiar with networking and basic cisco router configuration, however I have never attempted anything of this scope. My situation is as follows:

The company currently has one main office and two branch offices connected to to the main office with dedicated T1 lines. The main office has a cable internet connection and a VOIP telephone system in place. The goal is to share the internet connection and spread the VOIP system out to the branch offices. I would like to know if the following routers would do the job: A cisco 3725 at the main office configured with two T1 ports, an extra ethernet port for the phone system, and using the two built in ethernet ports for the broadband internet and LAN. And at each of the branch offices a 1721 with 1 T1 port, and extra ethernet port for the phone system, and using the built in ethernet port for the LAN. Each router would also have to act as a DHCP server. If these routers can do this, can they do it with the standard IOS that they ship with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Hello,

yes, the DHCP server functionality is included in the standard IOS that the 1721 routers are shipped with (it simply requires IP Only).

Regards,

GP

thanks

Is it also included on the 3725?

Also, are these the correct modules I should use in the routers:

NM-2CE1T1-PRI (two T1 ports)

WIC-1ENET (extra ethernet port)

WIC-1ENET (extra ethernet port)

WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 (T1 port)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card