Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Are the gigastacks "hot-swappable"? Someone told me that gigastacks are not hot swappable and that I should power down the switch before inserting and removing the gigastack... is that correct?Thanks!

c-tai by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to provide permanent IP Address to the client computer thats why I have given lease 365 days in DHCP Pool. Problem is that some times IP got changes after 1 or 2 days. Sometimes there are IP conflicts in the Network. Belo is the Configuration....

md_ani by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The following performance issues have arisen since installing the 806 on a 10Mbit Telstra Bigpond Cable connection. I have been using FTP to download large backup files (approx 400MB +) and files like Windows service packs via HTTP. There seems to be...

timhaigh by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Could I have someone double-check my simple design here attached you will find a drawing.Here is a description -Currently have:1 Pix 515e2 3550 24 SMI conneted via 2 sx GBICs and fiber patch.1 1121 WAPAdding:2 3550 24 SMI1 3550 48 SMI1 3550 12G (Laye...

bsisco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can I use an available 24 volt power supply to power a CISCO AIRONET 350 SERIES bridge? I'm trying to eliminate the need for the power supply for the injector and the injector black box in a specialized industrial machine application. I would make a ...

RSmike123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have received the following error on one of our Cat2980 switches:" 1/Tag 0 on packet from 00:02:8a:4f:b7:cd port 2/5, but port's native vlan is 112 "The 2/5 port indeed belongs to the 112 Vlan. The Cisco SE claims that tagged packets are being rec...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm looking for some tools or aplications that work over linux to administrate my platform. Something like netviz or solarwinds. Can somebody give some tips?Thanks a lotRegrads LP

I am confused regarding a basic concept.How cisco systems desing the series numbers of their routers, is there any special logics?I mean let suppose that cisco has 800 series routers then cisco has 1600,1700,1800,2500,2600,2900(for switches),3600 , e...

hi, i have been reading about the sup720 for catalyst 6500 switches. i know that the backplane bandwidth can reach 720Gbps. BUT where is this bandwidth distributed (among the line cards that is)? do the cards share this bandwidth or is there a certai...

banajahm by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good morning,Is there any bsmart access list feature that enable me to add and delete some statement from tha ACL without impacting all the other statements?Any link on CCO.Thanks

mcardell by Cisco Employee
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've recently purchased 2 1538M hubs, but the seller did not have the IP, or other items needed to use the Configmaker tool to get them setup.I've tried a crossover cable and no luck either. Is there a hardware way to set these to default and get the...

rivernet1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes