Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

In one of my location using catalyst2900 eriesXl switch with IOS ver 11.2.I want to make one port as span for the other port where i connect my firewall for the process of monitering the triffic.Can I do the span port on this switch if so what is th...

sureshmv by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I havent had to setup any repeaters in the wireless networks I have designed..In this specific case, I am thinking about using a repeater to establish a wireless shot between four locations. Here is the scenario.. Site1---Site 2(Omni)----Site 3(Repea...

I'm trying to do a traceroute mac ip to see the layer 2 hops thru the network.. both switches are identical configuration other than management vlan ip address. 2950 Enhanced running 12.1.22(ea1)management vlan is vlan 130.. yet I'm getting this resp...

rpaquin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

the main aim is to replace our c-5500. I know it's very general atm but more details will come lately. i just want ur opinion on which router can be used instead of 5500 for a network evolution.currently here the network schema : -> c-5500 <--> c-550...

I don't know much about servers and knows a little about cisco. We have a server in the campus data center and we have some users in a building in the same campus having slowness problems connectingto the server in the afternoons. We have other user...

Dear all,just thought I'd share with you a peculiar effect we have noticed at our Academy, where lots of people are often erasing and saving configs.We are using 2620 routers with 12.2(7a) IOS. The issue is as follows:Sometimes students mis-spell the...

f.dudek by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a strange problem with all catalysts (2948g's, 5500's) on our network. We just moved to an ACS for RADIUS authentication to these switches so I used Ciscoworks to push out the config changes to the switches (all it did was to change the IP add...

jwillman by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need help configuring my router, I have 2 internet connections:FIRST ONE:63.245.89.81255.255.255.248SECOND:65.165.87.177255.255.255.240I have a Cisco 3725 with 4 Fastethernet ports, also I have the “C” class 69.79.30.0, that one is attached to the ...

manwar by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am designing a WAN for a small company. I am familiar with networking and basic cisco router configuration, however I have never attempted anything of this scope. My situation is as follows:The company currently has one main office and two branch o...

Can't log in via console port on the router.In config:line con 0 transport input noneI can remove this but if I reboot it's back there.Solved it once but can't remember how I did it.Thanks,Peter

Hi,One of ourcustomer have a Catalyst 1900 switch, but unfortunately they lost console cable. Is there any way around that we can still assign an IP Address to the switch as we also intending to manage thru web browser only.regardsVani Prasanna

I can't get the Etherchannel to work on my 3550 <--> 2950.Everything is configured properly, but still etherchannel sometimes brings both of the interfaces up and sometimes shuts one of them down, for no reason. Cables are same, configs same, everyt...

spalislam by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes