Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with log message please

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could answer me the below log that i have noticed and i am not quite sure what it is.

2016 Jun 22 13:42:12     %KERN-2-SYSTEM_MSG: eth0: MAC1 errors: tx_overflow=0
 tx_parity=0 rx_parity=0 rx_fifo=0 - kernel

Thank you in advance

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you get a kernel message in nexus/ucs etc there usually bugs and you will have to upgrade

what platform is this and what version is it,you could check the release notes but if its unknown bug the caveat may not be listed

do you have support on the device with TAC  

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response.

I don't think it affects the system by anyway, but still investigation needs to be done.

To answer your question, yes there is support with TAC,

cisco Nexus7000 C7018 (18 Slot) Chassis ("Supervisor module-1X")
  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU         with 4135780 kB of memory.
  Processor Board ID JAF1341ASFB

Software
  BIOS:      version 3.17.0
  loader:    version N/A
  kickstart: version 4.2(2a)
  system:    version 4.2(2a)

image file:  bootflash:/n7000-s1-dk9.4.2.2a.bin

Should i consider opening a TAC case or better to go over release notes?

Thanks again

Hi

I would have a quick look in the release notes if its not known and it was my Nexus I would open a case and see if there is a workaround , what the effect of this message is and does it require an upgrade , I couldn't find anything for that specific message but that's an old release your on as well for 7k there up to version 6 now

That image as well is in the deferred section in below link you cant download it anymore due to too so many bugs found in it so its definitely not recommended to be on it

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282440588&softwareid=282088129&release=6.1(4)&flowid=3087

It may be cosmetic but its definitely best to find out on a core device like a 7k

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card