Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi c3560 stack switch need to upgrade IOS

Hi ,

I have two c3560 switches in stack i want to upgrade the IOS .please let me know the steps to follow

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Are the 3560's clustered not stacked?

Any how - In a stack, - Upgrade the stack master then the others switch will get upgraded automatically.

Please alow a sheduled change control window to do this, if running in production environment

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

Hello Reza
Apologies - You must have been responding the same time I was.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The 3560 series switches are not stack able.

HTH

Hi Sorry its C3750

Ok, for the 3750 series follow this doc step-by-step:

You need a maintenance window to do this and reboot the stack.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/64898-upgrade-3750-stack.html#maintask1

HTH

Hello Reza
Apologies - You must have been responding the same time I was.

res

Paul

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

No problem. Its all good.

Thanks,

Reza

Hello

Are the 3560's clustered not stacked?

Any how - In a stack, - Upgrade the stack master then the others switch will get upgraded automatically.

Please alow a sheduled change control window to do this, if running in production environment

res

Paul

Kind Regards
Paul

Yes am doing it on Green zone only ... i want to know during the reload both switches come back live correct , because am doing it for remote site there is no local support.

In most cases, the switches come back fine after the upgrade. But you may want to have a local resource available just in case. Also, if it is possible and you have spare switches, you may want to test it before doing in in production.  Make sure the new image is fully loaded and verified on the flash with no error messages before you manually reboot the stack. 

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card