Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU Utilization in Cisco3750 Switch

Vipan Guleria
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In Cisco 3750 facing high CPU utilization for specific period. During this period traffic response times across the switch degrades

Request help to identify the issue and/or steps to identify interface potentially generating traffic

I have attached 'sh proc cpu history' , ' sh ip traffic', 'sh proc cpu sorted'  during troubled period . Also attached snapshot of 'sh ver'

Thanks,

vg

5 Replies 5

inayathulla1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vg,

Can you provide us the outputs of the following commands as well:

- show platform health

- show platform cpu stat

show platform cpu packet statistics

I see the cpu is going high due to Interupts so kindly provide the requested ouputs and we shall see what causing this.

Regards

Inayath.

Inayath,

Listed commands [show platform health, show platform cpu stat, show platform cpu packet statistics] are not available in Cisco3750 switches

Any further advise ?

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

3750's perforamance can be dependent on using the correct SDM template.  You might check your TCAM usage, i.e. "sh platform tcam utilization".

Any help please

12.2(46)SE

Your IOS is 12.2(46)SE???  Version 0?

Upgrade to a higher train.  Don't use the plain "SE".

Alternatively, you can also upgrade to 12.2(55)SE6.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: