Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU utilization on cisco 2060s

Debudas123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have using a switch cisco 2960s-48ts-l.

the cpu utilization of the switch more than 95% every times. 

There is no dynamic arp inspection in enable but still HULC DAI process about 45%.

How to stop this ?

thanks

debabrata

14 Replies 14

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
The HULC issue is a known bug , there are multiple ones as well , an upgrade can fix it if you read the release notes and find one that is not effected by it or try one of the stable versions also shut down any ports not in use , what version of software is switch running now ?
you could run the show tech through the cisco analyzer tool and it may give you the actual bug id

Hi, 

Software version is 15.2(2)E8.

Thanks

Debabrata

If this is an X series 2960 then the current suggested image is e7 , if not please provide full model/part number

c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-2.E7.bin
I would read the release notes first and see if there is any caveats for HULC mentioned or run the tech through the analyzer get the Bug id then you can select one of the images its fixed in

Hi, 

Part no is WS-C2960S-48TS-L

Thanks

Debabrata

for that specific platform this is currently recommended
c2960s-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE11.bin

I would also post what Leo requested below so we can see if anything else is effecting the cpu too other than HULC , is it constantly at 95% ?

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282867573&flowid=46695&softwareid=280805680&release=15.0.2-SE11&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=MD&reltype=latest

Hi, 

Previously it was 150-2.SE11, and that time problem was same, that's why I'm upgraded to latest version. 

Thanks

Debabrata

then if its effected in that release too you need to get the bug id so you can choose an image where its not

So how to find out the bug id ?

either open a TAC case and provide them the show tech from the switch or download the analyzer tool on the cisco website install it and run the show tech yourself in it, that tool can provide bug ids as well

Hi, 

One thing I'm find out if I remove the aaa configuration from the switch, it is going to normal stage. 

Thanks 

Debabrata

Post the complete output to the command "sh proc cpu sort | ex 0.00".

Hi, 

Please find the attached output.

Hi, Debudas.

Could you fix it?

Did Cisco answer you yourTAC?

I have the same problem and I have been searching solutions, but i had not gotten it

Hi, 

TAC says it is the hardware limitation of the 2960 series to integrate with cisco ISE. 

Thanks

Debabrata Das

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card