Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a Network and we have many VRF and almost every VRF has their on internet link. One VRF A has 20 Mbps internet link which is very slow. VRF B has 500 Mbps internet link. Now we want shift the VRF A internet traffic to 500 Mbps link. I have cre...

Hi all Sorry if this is a really simple question, but i will have limited time with my new equipment to test before i must deploy. I will be setting up 2 x WS-C3650-24TD-S switches with a very basic configuration. A single VLAN needs to span across t...

Jimbob1986 by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to create an isolated Test vlan (172.16.112.0/24):Inbound - only allow inbound RDP to any host within the Test vlanOutbound - deny all so that any hosts in the Test vlan can't contact production Does the following look correct? interface Vlan1...

Joe22 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all. I have a new 9407r which i tried to upgrade to latest ios. Reason whatever reason we used the wrong ios. This machine has DUAL XL1 supervisors. I managed to DELETE the incorrect ios from one of the supervisors, but it is continually trying...

lowfell by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A ring network composed of cisco 3650/3850/IE 4040 switches that running REP protocol. How to maintain certain priorities & delay & jitter for traffic types based on VLAN classification? All SVIs are on 3850.

O_A_H by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Having issues with PXE boot not working. DHCP server and WDS server are on the same subnet 10.18.0.0/16 and the clients are on a separate one. If I set the subnet of the client to the same as the servers it will PXE boot fine but the issue is seen on...

Hello,   I am having an issue with a MAP/RAP setup that I have delivering to one of our sites.  Seems I cannot find the working combination of the Access/Voice VLANs and Management VLAN (better explanation to follow).  To start with I want to give an...

I am trying to change my own switch port from vlan 3 to vlan 42, but somehow the port is stuck on vlan 3 no matter what I do (shut, no shut, unplug the device etc.). A 5 minutes work now turned into hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This ...

Joe22 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone already tried to use private vlan on ISR4451 using a switch module? Is there any guidelines to follow? Especially regarding the configuration of the ethernet-internal links, promiscuous port, promiscuous on trunk support? and BDI vs SVI.  ...

gpardoen by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello According to this document, a new C800 router will send DHCP discover packets out of all attached LAN interfaces to determine if a DHCP server is available. I have tried several Cisco routers in the 800 series.  No DHCP discover is seen. Only C...

apicguy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes