Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all!   I've got a question about the mentioned title subject.   I've done a reset on a switch of ours ; WS-C2960X-24TS-L, so i can start all over again and after i configured my username, domain name and host name i did a quick sh running-config t...

Damon M. by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi We are looking at a core upgrade over the next 12 months, currently we have a 6509 with mix of 48 port rj45, SFP gigabit modules as well as a 12 port 10gig module in each. I am not sure about the 6800 as I hear it has not taken off that well etc. ...

I'm getting ready to change out my 4507R-E.  I'm think about going up to the 9000  series. I think about the 9410R or change to 9500 and 9300. Does anyone recommend either?   Is there any recommendation out there  between stack and non stack?  Has an...

Hello folks,   I'm in a bind right now, I'm trying to shape traffic outbound on both sides of a link.   On one side, I have a Catalyst 9300 and on the other, I have a Catalyst 3750.   On the Catalyst 9300, I am using MQC (Modular QoS CLI) to shape tr...

Can some one help me my router got stuck in rommon mode. below the out put. after resetting I copied running config to start. thanks.   rommon 1 > confreg Configuration Summary (Virtual Configuration Register: 0xc400)enabled are:diagnostic modeuse n...

hhakimi by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,    We are planning a migration of our existing 2960X access switches to the new Cisco 9300.  Our standard configuration contains QOS cmd that do not exist anymore in IOS_XE 16.8.1a  and I wanted to know if there is a simple method to transc...

maissiat by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Trunking VLANs

Hi everyone,   This is the first time when I writing to this community and asking for help. So please be kind if this post is not opened in the correct section and advise how should I do this correctly next time.   That been said, please let me know ...

CipTC by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to configure ntp servers for my 5ks and 7k.  I have 4 ntp servers.  Would my set up be as follows?:   switch(config)# no ntp server 10.X.X.X prefer use-vrf management    (REMOVES_OLD_NTP_SERVER) switch(config)# ntp distribute switch(config)# n...

T_tow by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi community,   I have a query regarding traffic shaping when using the C3850-XS.   We have a 10Gbps connection between two locations. Between the two locations the connection will be configured as a 'trunk'. And we will be using Vlans/SVI's between ...

Weirdest thing. Two 2960x connected via L2 port channel. 4 members of vlan 32, 2 on each of the two switches. Three of the four can ping each other. The last device can resolve the correct MACs for the others, but no pings work to the other three dev...