cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I block ssh access to an SVI?

rweir0001
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WS-C3850-48T switch running version  03.03.03SE with several SVIs configured. I want to block ssh access to some of the SVIs. What is the easiest way to do that? Do I create an ACL and apply it to the SVI? What command do I use for that because "access-list" doesn't look to be an option for ans SVI in configuration terminal mode so I'm not sure how to apply any ACL I create? If I create an ACL it won't be applied globally to the switch, right? Essentially, I just want to to create some rule that blocks users from gaining ssh access to the SVI of some of the VLANs.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi  you can block ssh to any devices which are part of an SVI or the whole subnet itself , below example would be blocking anything in vlan 101 ssh in or out  but allowing everything else as well, only applied to the specific vlan 101 as an example for you

access-list 101 deny tcp any 172.21.100.0 0.0.0.255 eq 22

access-list 101 permit ip any any

Then on your layer 3 SVI under the vlan interfa ce apply it in or outbound

Interface vlan 101

ip address 172.21.100.1 255.255.255.0

ip access-group 101 in

ip access-group 101 out

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi  you can block ssh to any devices which are part of an SVI or the whole subnet itself , below example would be blocking anything in vlan 101 ssh in or out  but allowing everything else as well, only applied to the specific vlan 101 as an example for you

access-list 101 deny tcp any 172.21.100.0 0.0.0.255 eq 22

access-list 101 permit ip any any

Then on your layer 3 SVI under the vlan interfa ce apply it in or outbound

Interface vlan 101

ip address 172.21.100.1 255.255.255.0

ip access-group 101 in

ip access-group 101 out

Thanks!

Hello

access-list 101 permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq ssh

class-map match-all ssh-cm
 match access-group 101

policy-map ssh_pm
 class ssh-cm
   drop
 class class-default

Edited - stratch this -  misread your OP - thought you were on about to the core itself - apologies

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card