cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I enable SSH access and pinging on a ME-3400G-12CS-A?

I can ping and SSH into the switch from the switch itself but not from any other machine on the same subnet.

cisco>enable
Password:
cisco#ping 192.168.0.3

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 192.168.0.3, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/1/1 ms
cisco#ssh 192.168.0.3

Password:

cisco>exit
[Connection to 192.168.0.3 closed by foreign host]
cisco#
*Mar  1 00:10:46.568: %PLATFORM_ENV-1-DUAL_PWR: Faulty internal power supply 2 detected
cisco#

I have been looking for a solution for two days to no avail. Also how do I reset this switch. Please keep in mind that there is no "Mode" or "Reset" button on this switch.

"This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes." King Arthur
2 Replies 2

@selahattin_cilek wrote:

I can ping and SSH into the switch from the switch itself but not from any other machine on the same subnet.

Can you elaborate what you mean here, it doesnt seems clear?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I managed to configure the switch so that it has a valid IP address on Vlan 1 -> 192.168.0.3/24

I managed to enable and configure SSH server on the switch.

I have serial connection to the switch and on the console, using the "ping", I can ping the switch itself:

cisco#ping 192.168.0.3

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 192.168.0.3, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/1/1 ms

See? From the switch serial console I can ping the its own IP address. The same applies to SSH:

cisco#ssh 192.168.0.3

Password:

cisco>exit
[Connection to 192.168.0.3 closed by foreign host]
cisco#

See? The switch can SSH to itself.

The problem is that I cannot do the same from a Windows host on the same subnet, with an IP address of 192.168.0.4/24. Clearly, there is something I am getting wrong. What is going on?

"This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes." King Arthur
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card