cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many trunks can be built on Cisco 2960 G Switch

SysAdmin_007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I've searched online and looked at my CCNA book. I can't seem to find how many trunks can be created on Cisco 2960G switch.

I logged into 2960 switch, and ran "switch#sh int trunk" and output indicates for port Fa0/17 is

1-4094? My switch has 48 ports, and I would like to know how many trunks can be created?

Thanks for your time..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

To be honest i don't see what do you want to achieve.
I haven't tested it either but you should be able to create 48 trunks.

How's many trunks do you want to configure? On every single port? If so, can i all more details on the reason to do so?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

To be honest i don't see what do you want to achieve.
I haven't tested it either but you should be able to create 48 trunks.

How's many trunks do you want to configure? On every single port? If so, can i all more details on the reason to do so?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Are you talking about how many ports that can be put into trunking mode (answer=all of them) or how many VLANs you can run through a trunk port (which I think is 255 for that model)?

Hi

As mentioned Franscesco, It depends of the amount of ports (port density) you have on the switch, for example if your switch has 24 ports + 2 SFP ports (if it has) you can create 26 trunks. If you have a switch with 48 ports + X number of SFP ports, you can have 48 trunks + X trunks related to the SFP ports. 

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card