Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to communicate 1 way?

my title may be confusing because I don't even know what it is called by i will try my best to explain the scenario.

I have Two PCs. Between them may be routers and switches. I want PCA to ping PCB successfully but PCB can't ping PCA. How am I able to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The suggestion was to use an acl that only allowed ICMP echo-reply from PC B to PC A and then apply that to the L3 interface acting as the default gateway for PCB.

Jon

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

mdiciero1
Level 1
Level 1

Use access lists

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/ios-firewall/23602-confaccesslists.html

I have tried ACL but they cause all PCs not to ping each other. 

You'll need to use reflexive acls for this. PCA will be allowed out, but PCB will not be allowed in unless a session was started from PCA (reply traffic). Take a look here:

http://packetlife.net/blog/2008/nov/25/reflexive-access-lists/

You should also be able to use CBAC as well...

HTH,

John

** Please rate all helpful posts **

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

I may be a total noob but i don't find reflect as an option on permit ip any any. the following are the only options i could use, dscp and precedence.

I am using packet tracer 6.2 and I also tried different routers.

I'm not sure about packet tracer. Basically, you create 2 ACLs:

ip access-list ext Outside_In 

evaluate Outside_Usage

deny ip any any

ip access-list ext Inside_Out

permit ip any any reflect Outside_Usage

int fa0/0 (Outside Interface)

ip access-group Inside_Out out

ip access-group Outside_In in

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

I tried to do that but whenever i enter "evaluate Outside_Usage" it says invalid input detected right at evaluate. Basically my router on packet tracer doesnt have evaluate command nor reflect.

The suggestion was to use an acl that only allowed ICMP echo-reply from PC B to PC A and then apply that to the L3 interface acting as the default gateway for PCB.

Jon

im not able to read your reply here but i can read it on my gmail. Nonetheless, you answer was spot on thank you very much you helped me alot.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card