cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure a network to access systems on a different switch with a different IP Range!

ahmad.farooq1
Level 1
Level 1

Folks, 

I am new to networking world, basically I am storage admin. Any help would be appreciated!

Let me first give an overview of my network here:

=> My company network which we connect to 10.X.X.X is the main network and we also VPN into that network. 

=> I built a separate environment with storage systems, servers, and a CISCO switch. I had help from a fellow who helped me configure the Cisco switch but now I am on my own. He set the IP range of 192.168.0.XX.

I wanted to segment this environment from the main network because this new environment is for testing purposes only.  So basically I ran cables from the (main management switch to the CISCO switch, management ports of the servers, and storage systems. 

Now here is what I am struggling with:

I can only access and connect to the systems VIA VPN/main network to the systems management device called Service process or RLM(Remote Lan Management) and then I can get into the systems through that device. But I can't access these systems directly. 

I would really appreciate if I can get a solution so that I can configure the network. 

Recap/Brief Summary: 

2 different switches | 2 different networks with 2 different IP range (192.168.0.XX) & (10.X.X.X) 

I am trying to configure the network so that I can access the systems remotely through the main network/VPN.

Thanks

Warm Regards

2 Replies 2

Hello Ahmad,

what device is your remote/VPN access configured on ? That is, how do you connect to your network externally ? Could you post a simple schematic drawing of your physical setup showing how devices are connected ?

Hello

It may just a matter of advertising this 192.x.x network by allowing it through an access-list etc or you may need to hide it via a NAT setup

As Georg stated a review of you configuration would show wha may be applicable 

res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card