cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure a port on a vPC Peer (Not member or orphan port)

rumak18
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i know how to configure orphan Ports (Device with a single connection to a vPC Peer) and how to configure a vPC member Port (Down stream device with Port-Channel to both vPC Peers). 

But what about devices that use several connecton. For exmaple :

A) a firewall with a FHRD (Active Passve) configuration

or

B)a server with several NICs

or

C) just a switch that has not configured Port-Channel on two connection (So only RSTP will block one connection).

I guess this is neither a vPC member nor a orphan port configuration. But i am absolutely unsure.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In that case the VPC Peer makes no difference for devices with multiple links and need to be looked at as 'one single switch entity'

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

rumak18
Level 1
Level 1

Sure, but how should i configure the ports on the vpc Peers in this cases? As "orphan Ports"? As "vpc member" or just as a "Access Port" (alternatively Trunk Port) ?

- That depends on the capabilities and needs of the connecting host.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card