cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect Home Gateway to Internet (outer main backbone network via switch) in Packet Tracer.

AliAhmed89203
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network of

1. smart home having central access point which is connected to switch which is then connected to the router of the main backbone network.

2. Smart office having central access point which is connected to switch which is then connected to the router of the main backbone network.

3. In the main backbone network I have a DNS server, a Wireless cell tower connected to a central router which is also connected to routers of home and office, and a third router which is connected to a mail server.

Now I made another network of street safety based on webcams, motion detectors, and street lamps connected centrally to Home Gateway type of router whom I named safeCityRouter, and that safeCityRouter is connected to switch and then to the home's router interface gig0/1 in the backbone network.

I implemented eigrp on the network and all other network is working fine but I cannot ping to safeCityRouter from home's router gig0/1 interface. I don't know the problem. Kindly help. I have set Lan IP address and didn't set Internet IPv4 address on Home Gateway because I can't understand for what purpose that internet tab is their like if I set Lan address it should be enough for communicating with outside routers. Kindly Guide me where I'm making mistakes. I'm university student and im newbie to Packet tracer and networking. So kindly help.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card