Views
Helpful
Replies

How to downgrade 3850 from IP Services to IP Base

desmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a customer who has 1 x WS-C3850-48P-E, and 2 x WS-C3850-48P-S switches that they wish to put in to a stack together. 

Plans have changed, and they now do not need the -E IP Services feature set at the specific location.

I find the following at this link:  

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps12686/qa_c67-722110.html

=====================================================================

Q. How is the image-based license enabled?

A. An image-based license can be enabled by executing the following EXEC CLI, which activates the license level and also accepts the end-user license agreement (EULA).

CLI for permanent: license right-to-use activate lanbase | ipbase | ipservices <slot #> acceptEULA

======================================================================

My question is what it takes to downgrade the one switch licensed for IP Services to an IP Base license:  Do I need to contact Cisco, or can I simply issue the above command choosing "ipbase" as the argument?   And if so, would it in the future work to re-issue the command with "ipservices" as the argument if they needed to break this switch out of the stack and re-enable IP Services on it?

Thank you!

Deb

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No need to contact Cisco but you'll need to contact the service provider your client is paying service contract (for maintenance).

You run the command to activate IP Base license and reboot the switch.  This is all you need to do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card