Views
Helpful
Replies

HOW TO LOAD IMAGE INTO AP802 ON CISCO 887VA-W ROUTER

Ejiroro oki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Please I will be glad if anyone could help me with some tips on how to upload image into ap802 on the cisco 887va-w, the router is okay but when i  session into AP on the unit, i get the following 

ap:

I have tried flash_init  after that when I issue the dir flash: there is no image on the flash,I need to load image into the AP, I have been on google but no joy.

Many thanks.

Kaycee

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Follow this document.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/ap802-integrated-access-point/200047-AP802-Image-Recovery.html

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Follow this document.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/ap802-integrated-access-point/200047-AP802-Image-Recovery.html

HTH

Hi Reza,

Thanks for your time and response to my question, I saw this document on cisco website before I posted my question, I tried following it but could not locate the flash below on the AP as stated on the document

#dir flash:1:
but after looking at it again from the link you sent to me,I think I will be able to sort it out now.
Many thanks.
Kaycee

Hi Kaycee,

Glad to help and good luck!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ap:

This means the built-in AP doesn't have an IOS or the any of the IOS in the AP is corrupt.  The easiest method to auto-load an autonomous IOS into one of them is to REBOOT the ROUTER (and allow the AP to reboot as well).

During the router boot-up stage, the router will "interrogate" the AP.  Once the router determines that the AP has gone into ROMmon, the router will instruct the AP to download an autonomous IOS from a specially-partitioned location.

Hi Leo Laohoo,

Many thanks for responding to my question, very kind of you,I will follow Raze link and it should be okay, I saw the document before but it was not too clear to me at first before I posted my question

Thanks.

Kaycee

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card