cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to login into Switch Processor (SP) on 6500?

Praveen Selvam
Level 1
Level 1

Below is the show version output:

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) MSFC3 Software (C6MSFC3-PSV-M), Version 12.2(17a)SX1, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

TAC Support: http://www.cisco.com/tac

Copyright (c) 1986-2003 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 29-Oct-03 03:57 by cmong

Image text-base: 0x40008FBC, data-base: 0x41E94000

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(17r)S2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

XXXXX uptime is 16 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours, 25 minutes

System returned to ROM by unknown reload cause - suspect boot_data[BOOT_COUNT] 0x0, BOOT_COUNT 0, BOOTDATA 19

System restarted at 10:23:42 GMT Mon Aug 26 2013

System image file is "bootflash:c6msfc3-psv-mz.122-17a.SX1.bin"

cisco MSFC3 (R7000) processor with 458752K/65536K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID XXX

SR71000 CPU at 600Mhz, Implementation 0x504, Rev 1.2, 512KB L2 Cache

Last reset from power-on

X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.

Bridging software.

15 Virtual Ethernet/IEEE 802.3  interface(s)

512K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

8192K bytes of packet buffer memory.

65536K bytes of Flash internal SIMM (Sector size 512K).

Configuration register is 0x2102

********************************************************************************************************

I tried to login to SP by issuing the command "remote login swtich", but this command is not recognized:

Hostname#remote login switch

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Hostname#remote ?

% Unrecognized command

How do i see the Line modules connected on this swtich and How to Login into the Switch Processor (SP)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jose Solano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Your switch is running hybrid which means it runs CatOS on the SP and IOS on the RP.  You are logged into the RP in order to use the hybrid you should login to the SP first and then you can get to the RP by issuing the command -session 15 this will log you into the RP which runs IOS. In order to go back to the SP just type "exit" and it drops you back to the SP.

Hope this helps.!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jose Solano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Your switch is running hybrid which means it runs CatOS on the SP and IOS on the RP.  You are logged into the RP in order to use the hybrid you should login to the SP first and then you can get to the RP by issuing the command -session 15 this will log you into the RP which runs IOS. In order to go back to the SP just type "exit" and it drops you back to the SP.

Hope this helps.!

@ Leo Solano

What i dint recongnize in the begining was, the L2 & L3 fuctions  of the swtich had Different Hostnames assigned to them. I was using the  L3 Hostname instead of first using the L2 Hostname for logging in.

Now  that i logged into L2, from here used the command "session 15" to jump  to L3 fuction of the switch. From L3, it was a simple "exit" command to  drop back into L2.

Thanks Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card