cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to off about Rx power low alarm?

fireranger
Level 1
Level 1

I know that how to turn off the command Rx power low alarm for 4500 devices.

Please give me advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andresfr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Fireranger,

If you're referring to the alarms of an interface's tranceiver, that would be an indication of a problem with the SFP transeceiver itself or with the fiber cable connected to that transceiver, so the recommendation will be to better check/test the fiber cable and the SFPs at each end of the link to make sure that those are working properly.

If the fiber cable is Ok, try replacing the SFP with a spare at one end of the link, and if that does not solve the issue, try replacing the SFP at the other end of the link.

You can run the show interfaces transceiver detail command to confirm the issue on that particular interface. Please share if possible.

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

andresfr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Fireranger,

If you're referring to the alarms of an interface's tranceiver, that would be an indication of a problem with the SFP transeceiver itself or with the fiber cable connected to that transceiver, so the recommendation will be to better check/test the fiber cable and the SFPs at each end of the link to make sure that those are working properly.

If the fiber cable is Ok, try replacing the SFP with a spare at one end of the link, and if that does not solve the issue, try replacing the SFP at the other end of the link.

You can run the show interfaces transceiver detail command to confirm the issue on that particular interface. Please share if possible.

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards,

Thank you for your kindness.

I'm sorry I forgot to give you an answer.

The GBIC was replaced and it was immediately fixed.

Thank you for helping me.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card