Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove a BGP statement

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi everyone

I have to remove the routing from our 3850 switch to the 2921 router, I want to remove the BGP and I wanted to know can you tell me what commands should I use to completely remove it from the switch to add it to the router, below is the current BGP statement on the switch and thanks in advance.

router bgp 65045
bgp log-neighbor-changes
network 198.18.133.188 mask 255.255.255.252
redistribute connected
neighbor 198.18.133.189 remote-as 4323

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I don't get your question. You want to remove the BGP config on your switch and move it to a 2921 router? is that right?

If yes:
- are you moving the ip 198.18.133.133.188 to the new router and remove it from the switch ?
--> If yes, just do "no router bgp 65045"on the switch and copy paste the BGP config you posted on your router.
--> if no, you need to ask the guy managing the other end router to add a neighbor statement with your new router IP address.

if no, please explain again.

Anyway, if you move your bgp config from switch to new router, there is a redistribute connected on the switch. doing the same on the new router, it won't redistribute the same networks unless you have exactly the same network configure.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

Austin Sabio
Level 4
Level 4

Router(config)# no router bgp 65045

I hope this helps. Good luck!

-Austin 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I don't get your question. You want to remove the BGP config on your switch and move it to a 2921 router? is that right?

If yes:
- are you moving the ip 198.18.133.133.188 to the new router and remove it from the switch ?
--> If yes, just do "no router bgp 65045"on the switch and copy paste the BGP config you posted on your router.
--> if no, you need to ask the guy managing the other end router to add a neighbor statement with your new router IP address.

if no, please explain again.

Anyway, if you move your bgp config from switch to new router, there is a redistribute connected on the switch. doing the same on the new router, it won't redistribute the same networks unless you have exactly the same network configure.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco

You're correct I'm just moving the BGP from the switch to the router and thanks for the quick reply

Austin Sabio
Level 4
Level 4

Router(config)# no router bgp 65045

I hope this helps. Good luck!

-Austin 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card