Views
Helpful
Replies

how to stack cbs350-12xs-uk

ciscokalpesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are getting 2 Cisco CBS350-12XS switches and want to stack them over the available 2 x 10 Gigabit copper ports. Can someone guide whether it is possible to stack over these copper ports?

Since these are shared ports, can we configure stacking using single 10G copper port between each switch and use the other 10G copper port for uplink to other Cisco switches?

Please guide.

Regards,

K

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may find this document informative : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/Cisco-Business-Switching/kmgmt2836-Stacking-Guidelines-for-CBS.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

Hello!

Well the documentation explains: Any 10G port of the switch can be used for stackingWhich in your case would mean you can use also the copper ports. I don't have a CBS350-12XS in front of me, but you can check the stacking configuration you will see if you are able to select the copper ports as stackin ports in the menu:Administration > Stack Management

Hope this helps, 
BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

For interchassis LACP you have to have the switches stacked.

BR

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may find this document informative : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/Cisco-Business-Switching/kmgmt2836-Stacking-Guidelines-for-CBS.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello Marce,

Thanks for the useful link. I had gone through the link and one of the statement mentioned in it says, "The uplink network ports will be configured for stacking and the proper interconnecting small form-factor pluggable (SFP) cables support the stack channels." So SFP cables is must for stacking, but still want your expertise to confirm whether it can work with 10G Interface over copper as well ?

Also in order to use LACP between 2 pair of cisco switches, is it must that both pairs should be stacked or it can work with single stacked pair as well?

Please guide.

K

For interchassis LACP you have to have the switches stacked.

BR

Hello!

Well the documentation explains: Any 10G port of the switch can be used for stackingWhich in your case would mean you can use also the copper ports. I don't have a CBS350-12XS in front of me, but you can check the stacking configuration you will see if you are able to select the copper ports as stackin ports in the menu:Administration > Stack Management

Hope this helps, 
BR

ciscokalpesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for clarifying my doubts.

Regards,

K

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card