Views
Helpful
Replies

How to trust QOS on a Nexus C93108TC-EX trunk port

macgyver0099_1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know how to trust the QOS markings on a Nexus C93108TC-EX trunk port?  I am running these commands on my IOS switches, but can't figure out how to do the same on my Nexus Core switch.  Any help would be much appreciated.

auto qos trust

mls qos trust dscp

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrea Testino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Nexus 9000s trust all QoS Markings by default, thus, there are no additional configurations you need to add to forward the traffic marked.

This is documented in the N9K QoS Configuration Guide: "The default behavior of the device is to preserve the DSCP value or to trust DSCP. To make the port untrusted, change the DSCP value. Unless you configure a QoS policy and attach that policy to specified interfaces, the DSCP value is preserved." As well as "By default, all Ethernet interfaces are trusted interfaces. A packet tagged with an 802.1p class of service (CoS) value is classified into a system class using the value in the packet."

Hope that helps.

- Andrea

- Andrea, CCIE #56739 R&S

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Andrea Testino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Nexus 9000s trust all QoS Markings by default, thus, there are no additional configurations you need to add to forward the traffic marked.

This is documented in the N9K QoS Configuration Guide: "The default behavior of the device is to preserve the DSCP value or to trust DSCP. To make the port untrusted, change the DSCP value. Unless you configure a QoS policy and attach that policy to specified interfaces, the DSCP value is preserved." As well as "By default, all Ethernet interfaces are trusted interfaces. A packet tagged with an 802.1p class of service (CoS) value is classified into a system class using the value in the packet."

Hope that helps.

- Andrea

- Andrea, CCIE #56739 R&S

Thanks Ms. Andrea.  Yes, that is helpful.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card